One of the most common ways you can become addicted to drugs is through a serious injury or an unsuccessful surgery that may lead you to become dependent on pain medication. Over time, you may feel that you need more and more and stronger and stronger medication to numb the pain. And before you know it, your use of these pain medications can spiral out of control and overtake your life, leading to a destructive cycle that can last for months, even years. Dependency on prescription medications can wreak havoc not only on you, but also on your family, your relationships, your work and your life itself.
At Harmony Place, we provide a medically-assisted environment where you can be carefully supported through the detox process and transitioned to a drug-free method of treatment for pain management.
We offer sub-acute drug detox services on-site, so that most clients can begin their residential stay immediately without transferring from an outside detox facility. This allows you to be evaluated sooner, and for you to have your personal treatment plan developed more quickly with no time lost due to transferring facilities.
Drug-free types of pain management treatment we offer include:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) – A method to help you stay well or cope with a health problem by changing how you think.
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) – A therapy that works two things at once that might seem contradictory: acceptance of feelings (mindfulness) and learning to use thinking to change feelings.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) – A form of mindfulness- based therapy theorizing that greater wellbeing can be attained by overcoming negative thoughts and feelings.
- Acupuncture – Acupuncture is a 2000-year-old Chinese medical practice that involves inserting tiny needles into the body’s tissues to adjust nerves or hormones. It is known to reduce anxiety and agitation while facilitating calm and receptive behavior.
- Chiropractic – Chiropractic treatment focuses on relieving the pressure on the spinal nerves. By relieving spinal pressure, nerve impulses flow freely to all the muscles and organs of the body, eliminating pain. Pain can often cause anxiety, depression, and contribute to addiction.
- Physical Activity – The very best thing to do for a body is to keep it moving. Healing happens with movement.
Other Rehab Program Highlights
At Harmony Place you will receive:
- Three one-on-one sessions are held with a primary therapist weekly
- Multiple group therapy sessions each week
- All therapy sessions provided by licensed and accredited professionals
- Simultaneous treatment for dual diagnosis problems
- Regular assistance from our distinguished team of wellness coordinators, who are on site 24 hours a day
- Experiential treatments
- Multiple adjunctive therapies, including yoga, psychodrama and acupuncture
- Smoking cessation program
- Family therapy, each month during family weekends
- Discharge planning that begins on admission
When you transition from Harmony Place to the next phases of recovery, we want to make sure you have everything you need to be successful.
Are you struggling with pain medication? Do you need help managing your pain? Do you long for a drug-free life? Call us today. We are here to help you.