At Harmony Place, we always want you to feel comfortable and secure with our processes and procedures. Here’s how we will get you started on the path to your sober future, and later, how you will progress to life after treatment.
Our intake planning and admissions process services ensure your drug and/or alcohol addiction program is the right fit for you. We work with you, your doctor, your family and anyone else who has been involved in your decision to enter into addiction rehab. Together, we will determine which plan of action is the best for you and your specific needs. We will carefully gather information and work closely with your insurance company.
Admissions and treatment planning services include:
- An initial consultation with a comprehensive assessment
- A professional, detailed diagnostic with in-depth treatment planning
- A streamlined, custom intake process
- Financial planning, with insurance coverage coordination
We will work with you on every detail to make certain that you fully understand the treatment program, what to expect, and the next steps.
What Should I Bring?
Here is a list of personal items we recommend you bring with you for your stay at Harmony Place. If you have any questions about any other items, just ask and we will work to accommodate your needs.
- Enough comfortable wash and wear clothing for 5-7 days.
- Exercise clothing.
- Comfortable shoes. You may want to include sandal types for summer or warm slippers for winter.
- Appropriate sleepwear.
- Sweaters/jackets for fall-spring or light jacket/sweatshirt for summer.
- Summer wear: walking shorts, T-shirts, hat, sunscreen SPF 15 or higher.
- Toiletries: toothbrush, toothpaste, hair products, deodorant, hair dryer, body wash, lotion, shaving supplies. (No products containing alcohol are allowed – please note this for mouthwash) .
- Prescribed medications if applicable (and a credit card or cash for co-pays/prescriptions).
- Driver’s license and insurance card AND prescription card if different from medical insurance card.
- If you smoke, please bring enough cigarettes for 30 days.
- Bring any hobby items (knitting, sketchbooks, etc.)
Our discharge planning and aftercare services are another way that our treatment is beyond exceptional. Recovery requires a continuum of care, beginning with residential care and progressing into sober living and outpatient services. Your discharge plan begins soon after your arrival at Harmony Place. When you are ready to be discharged from our drug and alcohol addiction treatment services, you will already have an array of support services in place and ready to use.
Discharge planning and aftercare services are coordinated by your primary team and our discharge specialist.
Discharge services often integrate:
- Prescheduled first appointment with new treatment team or physician
- Sober living housing
- Seamless transfers into Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
- Introduction to 12-Step and other social support groups
- Connection to primary care physician
We’ll stay in contact with you on a pre-scheduled basis after discharge, in order to ensure that your aftercare plan is working, and to see how you and your family are doing.