Outpatient Rehab Program In Los Angeles, California
Exceptional Outpatient Rehab Program in Los Angeles, CA
Outpatient rehab in Los Angeles is one of several options for people seeking addiction treatment services. At Harmony Place, we strive to offer one of the best outpatient rehab treatment programs in LA by utilizing various individualized treatment options to provide our clients with accessible care.
Just down the street from our residential property, our Los Angeles outpatient rehab treatment facility is home to the same quality of personalized care offered in our residential program. Our treatment team works with clients to remain focused on lasting recovery as they take their first steps toward navigating a sober life outside residential treatment.
Or maybe your addiction isn’t severe enough for residential treatment. That’s why our outpatient rehab program for addiction is designed to serve individuals who are extending their care beyond residential rehab. We provide the option for outpatient services to those who do not require our more structured detox and residential treatment setting.
Treatment Options at our Our Multi-Phased Outpatient Drug and Alcohol Rehab
Harmony Place offers each patient an individualized treatment plan based on dual diagnosis care and evidence-based treatments. This allows the treatment team to focus on both the mental health and the addiction that led them to our treatment programs.
Our outpatient drug rehab in Los Angeles isn’t one size fits all. We offer several treatment steps requiring different levels of attendance from the client. The different levels of outpatient treatment are as follows, starting with the most intensive program:
- Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP): PHPs are suitable for patients who have mild to moderate psychiatric or emotional disorders. These programs are also great for those who need more intensive treatment than provided in a traditional outpatient setting, yet can stay sober without inpatient treatment.
- Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP): This type of program immerses patients in a healthy environment that teaches them to change. IOPs are most commonly used to address drug addictions after patients have gone through inpatient rehab.
- Outpatient Treatment Programs: Outpatient programs are ideal for people who need flexibility, affordability, and more access to their families for support.
Partial hospitalization is a vital bridge between the residential and outpatient phases of care. Of the 3, PHP requires the most days and hours of treatment within a week. As the client shows more progress, they can proceed to intensive outpatient treatment and then standard outpatient.
Overall, the outpatient stage is ideal for living outside of a residential rehab program, but still receiving helpful therapy and education that helps keep relapse at bay.
The Goal of Our Los Angeles Outpatient Rehab at Harmony Place
Once you or your loved one has established a foundation for recovery after drug or alcohol detox and/or inpatient treatment, the next step is to put those adaptive coping strategies for maintaining sobriety you learned in your therapy sessions into practice in real-life situations.
An outpatient treatment program for substance abuse is a vital resource for keeping the client focused on their primary goal of long-term recovery. This is why recovery and relapse prevention education continue at this level of care. The more the client understands their addiction, including learning to identify relapse warning signs, the more they are likely to continue to succeed in recovery.
Outpatient Treatment Methods
Our clinicians work with clients to understand social, interpersonal, and psychological obstacles that interfere with their recovery. They utilize group therapy to identify and process other social and emotional warning signs. They also develop reasonable interventions to prevent relapse.
Harmony Care clinicians also work with clients to examine their interests and potential. This helps clients understand that a thriving future awaits them after treatment. Our outpatient treatment techniques include:
- Individual psychotherapy – Clients get two individual sessions per week with a licensed therapist who explores the impediments to recovery.
- Psychotherapy groups – Group therapy explores clinical topics meant to elicit emotion-laden material and is sensitive to each client’s needs.
- Psychoeducational groups – A combination of educational and process groups designed to educate about addiction and co-occurring disorders. Counselors and therapists focus on relevant topics and provide information to clients— insight and understanding help reduce toxic stress levels.
- Holistic healing groups – Balanced living is crucial for building relapse resistance. Outpatient rehab providers bring the same practices of mindful meditations, energy healing, creative art expression, and yoga from our residential program into outpatient treatment to create that necessary balance.
- Experiential groups – Equine-assisted therapy, beach walks, and social/cultural outings offer positive new experiences that help build resistance to the stress that can trigger addictive behaviors.
- Career counseling – Clients explore academic and employment opportunities for when they are ready to return to the workforce, continue their education, or discover a new career.
FAQs About Our Outpatient Treatment Program at Harmony Place
Surely, you have more questions about what’s involved in our outpatient rehab in Los Angeles at Harmony Place. See if we’ve got your answer to one of the frequently asked questions below:
Are your outpatient services solely focused around talk therapy?
Absolutely not. Our outpatient treatment providers work with clients to visualize and plan their futures. We help clients who need vocational or educational counseling, life skills training, or continued support for necessary lifestyle changes. Comprehensive care plans extend beyond clinical treatment, empowering individuals to continue their personal growth long after their time with us is complete.
Looking through “Our Outpatient Treatment Methods” above, you’ll see that we also offer several holistic and experiential services in our outpatient program, including equine-assisted therapy, yoga, beach walks, and more. While talk therapy is one of the treatments in our outpatient rehab, it is far from the only focus. We want our clients to experience a variety of therapies to balance the triggers, stress, and support they might face in their everyday lives.
Do I need to complete a residential treatment program before outpatient treatment?
Some individuals are able to recognize the damage caused by their substance use before it has progressed to where medical detox and residential treatment are needed. Thus, our outpatient program can function as a standalone treatment option.
In outpatient rehab, the need for treatment is still vital to address the long-term physical, emotional, and spiritual damage inflicted by addiction and co-occurring disorders. The end goal remains the same across all methods of treatment: sustainable, lifelong recovery.
Where do I live after I transition from inpatient rehab to your outpatient program?
If you live in the area, you can return home after residential rehab and swing by our outpatient office when you’re scheduled for treatment. You’re also welcome to find your own temporary housing if you don’t come from this area.
However, we recommend looking into our sober living accommodations during outpatient treatment. We offer high-end amenities within a spacious property not far from our residential facility. Sober living with Harmony House provides a safe environment to return to every night, encouraging sobriety and accountability.
Can I work or return to school while in your outpatient program?
Yes. In fact, it’s encouraged to return to your normal life, especially if you partake in our sober living program. However, it may be challenging to juggle your rehab and work/school obligations until you’ve completed the partial hospitalization phase of outpatient programs.
Does your treatment end with the outpatient program?
Yes and no. The outpatient phase is technically the last step in the formal treatment process. However, Harmony Place offers many helpful aftercare services and alumni activities to keep our former clients engaged in recovery.
Graduates of our residential and outpatient drug rehab programs are invited to remain a part of the Harmony Place family by participating in our alumni program. This leads to long-lasting recovery and more significant mental health for our clients.
The Harmony Place alumni program offers weekly alumni meetings at our residential facility in Woodland Hills in West Los Angeles, CA; an online support group; social events; and the opportunity to become a Harmony Place Mentor. A licensed therapist directs and supervises the alumni program and meetings. Participation in the alumni program is offered at no cost.
Let Our Outpatient Rehab Program in Los Angeles Help
If you have a history of relapsing because of your home environment, you might need inpatient rehab to stay safe and sober. However, outpatient programs are beneficial for most patients who are trying to overcome an addiction.
You can discover whether an outpatient program is suitable for you by working with a skilled rehab facility or treatment center. Harmony Place is a licensed outpatient rehab in Los Angeles that provides individualized treatment plans and effective care options.
Contact us today to learn more about how our outpatient treatment in Los Angeles can improve your chances of making a full recovery.