Integrated Treatment Options for Drug and Alcohol Abuse in Los Angeles
Harmony Place, a set of four drug rehab centers in Southern California, treats addiction from a “whole person” perspective. Our program focuses not only on the individual but the family system as well, including substance abuse issues and mental, emotional, spiritual, and physical health as well.
Harmony Place isn’t just an individual therapy provider but also a family treatment center. Family, no matter the part they have played in an individual’s drug addiction or substance abuse, plays a significant role in an individual’s recovery journey by participating in the addiction treatment through family therapy sessions and psychoeducation for family members to rebuild trust, as well as Multi-family Group sessions at the Harmony Place’s residential facility in Los Angeles County.
At our addiction treatment center in Los Angeles, we not only treat your addiction but also address any underlying emotional and mental health concerns that may escalate the manifestation of your symptoms. We believe that recovery care coupled with stabilization of emotional well-being is the key to successfully maintaining your sobriety.
Our Drug Addiction Recovery Center in Los Angeles CA
Treating addiction and mental health conditions concurrently is considered dual diagnosis care. Many recent studies conclude that an integrated approach is much more effective in reaching long-term sobriety and behavior modifications than treatment that deals with addiction alone. Nearly half the people with substance addiction or drug and alcohol addiction will also have some form of mental health disorder. By employing dual diagnosis treatment, Harmony Place ensures that both substance use disorders and the patients’ mental health are addressed and that they receive an individualized treatment plan for their specific drug addiction.
We support the literature findings that state at least 90 days of treatment through all phases of care (residential, outpatient, transitional living). This is due to reports and reputable organizations recommending as much. A 2007 Time magazine report concluded, “90 days is just about how long it takes for the typical addicted brain to reset itself and shake off the immediate influence of a drug.” Whether your treatment program is an outpatient rehab, intensive outpatient program, inpatient residential treatment, transitional living, or one of the partial hospitalization programs, Harmony Place’s solution-focused therapy is focused on actionable solutions and positive psychology to treat addiction.
Furthermore, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration and the National Institute on Drug Abuse recently continue to endorse, “Research has shown unequivocally that good outcomes are contingent on adequate treatment length. Generally, participation for less than 90 days for residential or outpatient treatment is of limited effectiveness.” Because the treatment programs for drug and alcohol addiction last for an extended period of time, this allows Harmony Place to apply clinical services like dual diagnosis care for the chronic disease of alcohol and drug addiction and mental health issues.
Personalized Addiction Detox & Treatment Programs
What is the recovery rate for addiction?
National Institute on Drug Abuse in 2020 found that 3 out of 4 people who experience addiction recover. With Harmony Place’s unique combination of therapies and individualized treatment plans, recovery rates and success look different for everyone. The NIDA notes: “[…] individual treatment outcomes depend on the extent and nature of the patient’s problems, the appropriateness of treatment and related services used to address those problems, and the quality of interaction between the patient and his or her treatment providers.” Since there is no universal metric for measuring recovery success, a drug rehab center may count factors such as program completion, sobriety rates, internal studies, and client interviews. Entering drug rehab or a rehab center for treatment, whether inpatient, outpatient, or partial hospitalization, recovery and success depends on the individual and their support and team.
By scrolling below, we learn more about our approach to addiction treatment and the many modalities we offer.
The safety & well-being of our clients is our priority.
MEDICAL ASSISTED TREATMENT
MAT: Medication-Assisted Treatment
Learn how medication-assisted treatment helps clients with extreme issues, such as opioid or heroin addiction, get relief from withdrawal symptoms while detoxing. In most Medication-Assisted Treatment centers, one medication is substituted for another drug or is the only form of therapy. However, at Harmony Place, this is only one piece of the treatment program, used in conjunction with other forms of clinical, evidence-based, and holistic therapy.
Suppose a client is prescribed a specific medication for their addiction treatment. In that case, our physicians choose to do so thoughtfully and as needed, taper the patient off the medication when it is safe. Prescribing medication is done to treat more severe withdrawal symptoms, not to replace the client’s original drug or alcohol addiction.
Important information about withdrawal symptoms and detox: drug and alcohol detox (otherwise known as medical detox) must be completed before moving on to drug or alcohol rehab programs. Detox is only one part of the recovery process, and withdrawal symptoms can be unpredictable. Still, at Harmony Place, you can feel confident that the medical professionals will keep you safe during the harshest of symptoms.
Evidence-Based Substance Abuse Treatment
Clinical care at our Los Angeles, California, drug rehab centers is custom-designed with evidence-based therapy combined with holistic modalities to treat different substance use disorders, whether through an intensive outpatient program, inpatient drug rehab center, residential treatment, or outpatient services. Harmony Place is specially licensed to conduct specific programs, detoxifications, talk therapy, and support groups to assist those seeking addiction treatment live healthier, sober lives.
Because of our special licenses and our high quality of care for our patients seeking a nationally-accredited treatment provider, Harmony Place has the unique distinction of meeting a standard of care that only 5 percent of licensed adult residential treatment facilities in California have met.
Comprehensive Care and Relapse Resistance Building
Drug abuse problems, such as cocaine addiction, heroin addiction, prescription medication addiction, alcohol abuse problems, or substance use disorder, can cause dysfunction in the central nervous system. This dysfunction, coupled with the stress of coping without drugs or alcohol, are added factors that could lead a person down the road to relapse. However, with the comprehensive care and relapse-resistance building an individual and their teamwork during their stay in our treatment center, alongside the dual diagnosis care, they receive as part of their treatment program, relief from these stressors and pain and long-term recovery is possible.
ADDICTION TREATMENT Program Modalities in Southern California
Because Harmony Place provides a safe and structured environment. Our treatment programs are based on personal responsibility, individual dignity, and self-esteem to explore the obstacles to recovery and the underlying issues that contribute to or exacerbate addiction.
At our rehab center, clients receive individual therapy sessions to explore sensitive topics, set goals, and manage treatment from the client’s admission to the treatment center to completion of the program.
Substance Abuse Group Psychotherapy
Group therapy often helps an individual in a different way from individual therapy. By recognizing shared experiences, clients in the treatment center may feel more positive and validated by sharing their own experiences, mitigating any anxiety symptoms they might have had about entering a treatment program. Group therapy also allows individuals to develop social skills and adaptive behaviors by observing and modeling others in the treatment center and support group.
Family Therapy Programs
Family therapy also has an important impact on the success of many treatment programs. By providing psychoeducation for family members, Harmony Place supplies them with insight into addiction and the behaviors family members may have exhibited by their loved ones. Harmony Place delivers education for the family, and our rehab facility also provides family therapy to rebuild trust within the family unit.
Our Specialty Addiction Treatment in Los Angeles
SPECIALTY PROGRAMS & MODALITIES
Treatment for Every Level of Care
- Detox: Detoxification is the first step toward long-lasting recovery. During detox, the body rids itself of toxins caused by drugs and alcohol. The addiction specialists at Harmony Place conduct individual assessments to ensure patients receive care that meets their unique needs.
- Residential Treatment: Residential treatment can assist those who suffer from the following challenges: trauma, eating disorders, substance abuse, cognitive development, problems related to personality, and addictive and compulsive behaviors. As a residential treatment provider, Harmony Place allows individuals to experience around-the-clock care while facing the challenges of addiction and mental health.
- Outpatient Treatment: Just down the street from our residential property, our Los Angeles outpatient rehab treatment facility is home to the same quality of personalized care offered in our residential program. The outpatient rehab stage is ideal for living outside of a residential rehab environment while still receiving helpful therapy and education that helps keep relapse at bay.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP): An intensive outpatient program allows patients to go through rehab and move on to immerse themselves in a healthy environment to take on their addictions and behaviors.
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP): The Partial Hospitalization Program is an outpatient rehab program that provides therapy and treatment during the day and free time at night. PHP is similar to an intensive outpatient rehab program yet offers more time for patients to attend on-site programs, like group therapy.
- Day Programs
- Transitional Living: Once inpatient treatment has been completed, transitional living provides a structured place to maintain a sober life while still transitioning into their everyday lives. Our transitional living program in Los Angeles, California, allows individuals to live in a sober environment overseen by addiction recovery professionals, which provides a source of accountability while allowing individuals to focus on one aspect of sober living at once.
- Aftercare and Alumni Programs: Alumni and graduates of our drug rehab and alcohol addiction treatment programs are invited and encouraged to remain engaged with Harmony Place through the Alumni Program. A licensed therapist leads this program, but Alumni Mentors become leaders in alumni meetings, online support groups, and social events.
Clinical Programs, Therapies, and Amenities and Licensed Care
Your personalized treatment program at our Los Angeles Drug Rehab Centers may include:
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT): DBT focuses on mindfulness, living in the moment, coping with stress, regulating emotions, and improving relationships with others. Originally developed as a therapy for mental health issues, DBT has been found effective in addiction medicine.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT): CBT is a form of talk therapy that focuses on your thoughts, beliefs, emotions, and feelings. It is an excellent tool for discovering negative emotions and ideas and ways to uproot them. While the therapists may ask direct questions that might make individuals uncomfortable, it is done within a safe space to help work through the underlying causes of addiction.
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET)
- Relapse Prevention Education
- Nutritional Therapy
- Massage Therapy
- Energy Work
- Acupuncture Therapy
- Chiropractic Care
- Psychodrama Therapy
- Equine-Assisted Psychotherapy
- Art Therapy
- Pain Management
- Individual and Group Therapy Sessions
- Holistic Therapy (Mind, Body, and Soul Continuum)
- Evidence-Based Approach to Treatment
- 12-Step Facilitation
- Monthly Family Therapy Sessions
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Licensed Counselors and Therapists
- Licensed Vocational Nurses 24/7
- Physicians Specializing in Addictions
- An Addiction Psychiatrist utilizing a holistic approach.
- Gourmet Chef, fluent in nutritional recovery
- Yoga, Reiki, and Meditation
- Gym Time and Fitness Training
- Group Outings
- Beach Walks
- Community Support Meetings
Addiction Treatment in Los Angeles: Beyond Your Average Rehab
Harmony Place treats addiction from a “whole person” perspective.
Harmony Place believes wholeheartedly in the right to self-determination. We meet weekly as a treatment team and offer advice as to the length of stay for our clients. Each client determines their commitment to recovery. We are dedicated to delivering the best-integrated treatment possible for every client at Harmony Place.
We believe in compassion as a channel to respect and dignity rarely experienced by our clients due to their co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders. With this philosophy in mind, we endeavor to become your preferred health care provider to supply you and your loved ones with the absolute best care in our Los Angeles, California, drug and alcohol rehab center.